How Do I Access eBooks?
* To access TCE eBooks go our Destiny Library Database. Choose Florida and then type in Timberlin Creek.
* Click on an eBook to learn more about it. Check it out by clicking the open button on the right side and typing your username and password (This is the same as your Home Access Center login.)
* Students may checkout 1 book at a time for 14 days. After 14 days the book automatically comes off the account. If you have one book checked out, you can view and read other books online that are available. You just can’t check another one out.
Helpful Stuff to Know!
* The bookbag icon at the top will show you what books you have checked out.
* Checking a book out (instead of just opening and reading it) is a benefit because the book will automatically hold/bookmark your place and students can highlight text and use other features. In addition, if the book does not have unlimited access (see above), someone else could check it out and then it would be unavailable to you.
* Checking out an eBook does not affect the number of print/paper books that can be checked out at the media center. They are managed separately.
* eBooks will run best on Windows based computers/laptops running Firefox with Adobe Flash Player. eBooks will also run well on iPads and reader devices like a Kindle. If eBooks aren’t working properly or you want to use eBooks offline, refer to the system requirements at http://www.aboutfollettebooks.com/techspecs.cfm