How Do I Access eBooks?
* To access TCE eBooks go our Destiny Library Database. Choose Florida and then type in Timberlin Creek.
* Now you should see different sections (categories) of books: Scroll down to the eBooks section and browse. Click on an eBook to open and look at it. You will need to log in by typing your Active Directory username and password (This is the same as your iReady login.) To check it out so nobody else takes it off the electronic shelf, hit the back button so you are looking at the original book list. If you want to check the book out, hit the Go Back button and then the check out button next to the book.
* Students may checkout 1 book at a time for 14 days. After 14 days the book automatically comes off the account. If you have one book checked out, you can view and read other books online that are available. You just can’t check another one out.
Helpful Stuff to Know!
* To see what book you have checked out or to do other functions, go to the upper left corner and click on Destiny Discover for a drop down menu.
* Checking a book out (instead of just opening and reading it) is a benefit because the book will automatically hold/bookmark your place and students can highlight text and use other features. In addition, if the book does not have unlimited access (see above), someone else could check it out and then it would be unavailable to you.
* Checking out an eBook does not affect the number of print/paper books that can be checked out at the media center. They are managed separately.
* eBooks will run best on Windows based computers/laptops running Firefox with Adobe Flash Player. eBooks will also run well on iPads and reader devices like a Kindle. If eBooks aren’t working properly or you want to use eBooks offline, refer to the system requirements at http://www.aboutfollettebooks.com/techspecs.cfm