School Counseling Program
To provide support to the educational excellence in every classroom, where we will focus on the whole child to ensure every child will reach their potential every day, by delivering a comprehensive and data-driven school counseling program that champions academic achievement, personal/social growth, and career development for all students. The developmental, comprehensive, and preventative program promotes equity, access, and success for each and every student. The school counselor at Timberlin Creek Elementary is a professional school advocate who, in collaboration with school faculty and staff, parents/guardians, and community partners, inspires all students to acquire and use the knowledge and skills needed to thrive as productive and self-motivated citizens in a global economy and culturally diverse world.
- All students have the right to a safe learning environment.
- All students are capable of success.
- All students are provided equal access to counseling, regardless of ethnicity, family income, gender, native language, special needs, or area of residence.
- All students must be academically prepared to reach their highest potential and shall acquire the academic preparation essential to choose from a variety of personally appropriate educational, training, and employment opportunities.
- All students have access to a school counseling program designed, coordinated and delivered by a master’s degree level school counselor, certified by the Florida Department of Education.
- School counselors serve as leaders within their school community and assume the role of student advocates for systematic change.